Side hustle ideas 2021
As the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way the world functions around us, more and more people are looking for ideas to start side hustles to make some extra money.
The benefits of side-hustles are numerous. Side hustles are a chance that you give to your passion and innovative ideas. Who knows, the side hustle you start today may become your escape from a dull and mundane job and become your full-time earning work.
Want to know what have been the best side hustle ideas in 2021? Scroll down and see our top 10 recommendations and find the perfect side hustle for you.
Become an online tutor
- The pandemic has led to the education system being in a state of constant turmoil. Institutions have been opening up and closing down and there is no better time to become an online tutor. You can use applications like Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams to take one-on-one or group classes and earn a good side income without much investment. All you need is a smartphone or a laptop with a good internet connection.
Become a content writer
- The Internet is brimming with online content, and yet there is no dearth of topics and areas for content writers. An easy way to start earning something on the side is to become a content writer. The majority of the content written online has been written by freelancers. This is one of the easy side hustle ideas that does not require a degree. All you require is writing skills and some area of expertise.
- If you have a thing for good grammar and hate spelling errors like me, this is the perfect job for you. Proofreaders are given the task of polishing the writings of bloggers and businesses. The job is easy with flexible working hours and can be done easily from anywhere with just a laptop and internet connection. The best way to start is by registering as a freelancer on any of the popular websites like Fiverr, Upwork, PeoplePerHour, Guru, etc.
Become a social media manager
- Social media is the answer to online marketing for all businesses large and small. It is used as the most important channel for communication. So if you know your way around the common channels like Instagram and Facebook, you can provide some valuable service to small businesses and earn from it too. The most common tasks include marketing, answering customer queries, promoting the product/service, and working on the aesthetics of the social media pages.
Sell your crafts on Etsy
- This idea for a side hustle is especially for the creative ones out there. Channel your inner artist, create, and sell to make extra money from your talent. Etsy is the answer to all your requirements of a platform to sell. All you need to do is to set up your shop on Etsy, list your items, and start selling.
Here are some other easy ways to sell your creations online.
- As the world adjusts to the new normal, offices are opening and people are traveling again. This means that they would someone to look after their children as they go to work or their pets if they are leaving town. Being a sitter is one of the easiest and hassle-free side hustle ideas which is even better for students who may be looking to earn extra pocket money.
Sell a course online
- There is no end to the number of valuable skills that can be taught online. If you think you have a skill that people would like to learn, you can consider building an online course from scratch that makes learning more fun and easier. You can get ideas for the structure of your courses from online teaching websites like Teachable and kickstart your side hustle in no time.
Become a freelancer
- The number of freelancing opportunities has increased exponentially in the past decade. From video editing and photography to website designing and writing, there are freelance opportunities for everything and everyone out there. Check out our website for tips on kickstarting a freelancing career.
Drive and/or deliver
- The roads across the world are now full of delivery partners and online taxi drivers, running around to get you and your orders around on time. If you have time for some physical work, this might be your answer for that extra earning.
Become a virtual assistant
- Virtual assistants are in high demand these days. The work is to look into client meetings and help in running a business over online modes only. You will probably have to spend a considerable time taking calls, scheduling appointments, writing content, and sending emails, but the job is manageable as you do not have to sit in a real cubicle and assist.
The thing about side hustles is that you do something you enjoy doing because, without the fun, it is just another regular job and will burn you out in no time.
Looking to start a freelance career in Dubai, UAE to earn a side income? Freedom2Work is your one-stop-shop for all things freelancing. Get in touch with us to apply for a freelance license and a residence visa.
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. What is a good weekend hustle?
- Any side hustle can become a good weekend hustle if you have some free time at your hand over the weekend. You can make deliveries, make crafts, write blogs, or do some online tutoring on the weekend while you work on your regular job on the weekdays.
2. What does a freelance job mean?
- A freelancer is a person who, instead of working on a salary basis, provides services by the hour, day, or project.
3. What kind of freelance work can I do?
- You can work as a photographer, designer, copywriter, web designer, recruiter, content writer, PR manager, or even as a software developer and programmer.
4. How do I fund my side hustles?
Here is how you can fund your side hustles
- Use your savings
- Be a minimalist
- Ask for donations
- Get a loan
- Take help from friends and family
5. How do freelancers get paid?
Here are the common payments modes used by clients to pay freelancers for their services
- Google Pay