Tips to improve team well-being
In 2021, well-being is of utmost importance. For a workplace, the well-being of the team means a healthy workforce with happy minds and pumped spirits. So, we have put together a long list of activities that can help you boost the well-being of your team and keep them inspired.
You can also read:
Grow plants in the office
- Plants around you affect concentration and memory. Studies have shown that plants have a calming effect on people and lead to better work results. Moreover, the colors of the flowers and leaves also generate a positive emotional response.
Offer gym and well-being membership
- A healthy body produces more endorphins which can lead to decreased stress on one’s mental health. Contributing to gym, yoga, or any other physical exercise class for your team could make your team energetic and jolly. If possible, you can also provide fitness classes within the workplace as well.
Meditation and stress management workshop
- Yoga for mind and relaxation can help relieve the tremendous amount of stress that your team may be facing and add to their well-being. Moreover, such an activity together can build up team connections and make them more compatible with each other.
Provide healthy meals and snacks
- We are what we eat. If you provide nutritious food, they will generally feel better. You can turn this into an activity where, once a week, everyone could bring healthy items for lunch.
Arrange for your employees to cycle to work
- Cycling is a great cardiovascular exercise that increases mobility, flexibility, and reduces stress levels. You can have a day in the week where everyone can try cycling or use the one in the gym to work and feel fresh for the whole day.
Make a fun game for fitness
- With wearable technology like the Apple watch and group apps where you can track your steps together in a group, fitness and well-being can be made into a healthy competition among your team members.
- You can arrange for small rewards for the achievements unlocked by the members to keep up the motivation.
Financial well-being activities
- For all adults out there, financial health is a part of their biggest worries. By arranging for a seminar on how they can better invest their money, which insurance policies to buy, and how they can fund for their child to go to the best educational institution, you can contribute to the overall well-being of your team members.
Group therapy and talk
- The idea of your team’s well-being extends to their psychological health too. So, every once a fortnight, all members of the team can participate in a group therapy session.
Private counseling sessions
- While group therapy works well, sometimes your team members may benefit more from private counseling. You can arrange for a counselor at work or have a tie-up with a counselor for your team members.
Conduct charity events
- Doing something for others provides a feeling of peace and calm. By encouraging your team to host a charity event, you will not only make them happy by making a contribution to society but also increase their team performance as they will work together to make the event a success.
Picnic and work trips
- Sometimes, things do not need to be as serious as a seminar or a workshop. A weekend getaway or a day picnic can be a big stress buster for all, especially after the completion of a big project together.
- You can also encourage all team members to participate in this trip with their families to give the team a chance to know each other more personally and create a bond.
Encourage breaks between work
- While most activities stated above require planning and even days off from work, ensuring that your team is taking proper breaks between work every day to keep up their stamina and motivation is how you can support their well-being. The aim is to avoid any member burning out.
The well-being of your team has to encompass all avenues of their lives ranging from health, body, mind, and finances to even personal lives to some extent. The above-listed activities are just the beginning. The bottom line is that the team must be happy and productive.
Looking to start a freelance management career in Dubai, UAE? Freedom2Work is your one-stop-shop for all things freelancing. Get in touch with us to apply for a freelance license and a residence visa.
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. What does staff well-being mean?
- The well-being of your team, staff, or employees means taking care of their mental and physical health which directly affects the productivity levels and competency of the team.
2. Why is team well-being important?
- Team well-being is an investment in the workforce which is one of the most important pillars of any business or company. A healthy team will make the business healthy and thereby increase its success.
3. What are the benefits of well-being?
The well-being of the team entails the following benefits:
- Higher morale
- Higher productivity
- Increased job satisfaction
- More engagement within the team
- Reduced absenteeism
4. How can I contribute to team members better?
You can contribute towards team members’ well-being by:
- Developing the mentality of We and not I
- Being approachable
- Being a role model
- Helping out your team members
- Being a good listener
5. How can you tell if an employee is unhappy?
Here are some signs of unhappiness amongst employees:
- They are always in a hurry to get out of the office as the day ends
- They lack creativity
- They are unable to meet deadlines
- They take a lot of time off work without explanation
- They do not engage in office activities