Promote your web design business
A business as competitive as web design can be difficult to promote as the market is flooded with both new and experienced professionals who possess the same skillset and talent as you.
Research has suggested that consumers take only 50 milliseconds to form their opinions of a website; moreover, another research suggested that 75% of users judge the credibility of a website based on the website's design. So, evidently, website designers have been preferred and are in high demand to make a good first impression on their visitors.
Such strong statistics along with billions of users across the globe have led to a massive rise in the demand for this field and web design services. If you are looking to promote your web design business, here are some easy and efficient ways to get more clients as a web designer.
You can also read:
Promoting your web design business
Promote the uniqueness
- In the fierce competition that has gripped the web design business, the factor of uniqueness has to be highlighted when marketing your web design business. What is it that you offer better than your competitors in web designing? Make your uniqueness the center of your promotional strategies.
It's about the numbers
- Clients looking to engage your services for designing their website are not only looking for a beautifully-designed website but also the numbers of your success. How have your previous projects performed? How has your design fulfilled the goals of your business? Are your designs attracting more conversions? The key is to showcase the potential of your client's business if they engage the services of your web design business.
Portfolio: An important selling point
- Personal websites as portfolios have been promoted for over a decade now. For a web design business, an online portfolio website is a make-it-or-break-it chance to show your creativity to your potential clients. A stellar portfolio website for a web designer must include all information regarding the designer and details of services should be provided. You can also consider including a FAQs section to make the website more informative.
Impart your knowledge
- Knowledge is the greatest resource of the 21st century. So if you are an expert on web designing, share your expertise and know-how with aspiring designers. This will help to promote your web design business because you will be looked at as a guru in the field and will give you an increased online presence.
- Since you are looking for clients, you can also promote your web design business among your peers, family, colleagues, and other local social groups can go a long way for the success of your business. Another easy way to expand your network and reach for promotion is social media. Websites like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn are commonly utilized by businesses to market their services and reach a large audience.
Promote through pro-bono projects
- Online presence is not only utilized by commercial businesses but also by not-for-profit organizations and volunteer groups who do not always have a large budget to hire web designers for their websites. This is where you can step in, offer your services free of cost, and get recommendations and promotions easily. However, this should not be considered early on in your career since it could prove to be damaging.
Promote more than simply web design projects
- Everyone these days is looking for a little bit extra. Providing additional services and options along with web designing is an easy way to promote your business and attract more clients. Apart from providing the services yourself, you can also collaborate with other businesses and provide a bundle of services together. Some suggestions for add-on services can be:
- Graphic Designing
- SEO Services
- Marketing and PR
- Customer Service
- Website Management
Customer testimonials and recommendations
- Including testimonials on your portfolio website add to the authenticity of your web designing work and can instill confidence and trust in your potential clients. Be sure to include both written and video testimonials along with links to the websites you created for the clients.
A web designer’s work is rather intimate to a business. But with constant efforts and grit, success can be achieved over time. Always keep an eye out for exceptional and distinct ways to promote your web design business.
If you are looking to start your web design business and enjoy the perks of freelancing in Dubai, UAE, then head on over to Freedom2Work. At freedom2work.com, you can seamlessly apply for your freelance license and also get a residence visa.
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. How to start a web design business from home?
Here are the initial steps to start a web design business:
- Set up your workstation at home
- Identify your niche
- Make a business plan
- Look into legal and administrative compliance
- Make your website
- Pitch to potential clients
2. How to get clients as a web designer?
Here is how you can get clients for your web design business
- Leverage social media for promotions
- Set up a portfolio website
- Promote your niche
- Register with freelance marketplaces
- Send targeted email pitches
3. How much do web designers make?
- Web designers can make between $30 and $45 per hour, depending on their level of expertise and the nature of the gig.
4. How to learn web designing?
- Web designing can be pursued as a bachelor’s degree or learned through various online education websites.
5. Do I need a license to provide web design services?
- Typically no license is required to freelance as a web designer or a graphic designer. But, a license may be required for starting a web design business or to become a freelancer in some countries.