Easy ways to create ads on Instagram
Instagram Ads have changed the way businesses work in the 21st century. Since its launch, Instagram has seen an exponential rise with over 1 billion active users worldwide. The highest number of users comes from the United States (130 million), followed by India (100 million), and Brazil (91 million).
The whopping numbers stated above undoubtedly make Instagram the best social media website for small businesses and influencers. And creating ads on Instagram is very easy too. Read along to find out more about how you can easily create Instagram Ads.
You can also read:
- Small Businesses: Leveraging Instagram To Sell Homemade Products
- 7 Tips To Use Facebook Advertising To Your Benefit
What are Instagram Ads?
Instagram Ads are the posts that appear on your feed with the label Sponsored or Shop Now, or Learn More. The label depends on the goal of the advertiser.
Turning your post into an Instagram Ad
This is the easiest way to create an ad on Instagram.
- The first thing you need to do is to make your account into a business profile. For this, you can go to Settings and click on the switch to Professional Account.
- Next, you must have a Facebook Page linked to your Instagram Profile.
- Now, select a post from your existing posts that you wish to promote.
Pro Tip: You need to have a profile picture in order to make your posts into promotions.
Instagram allows you to choose your goal of promotion as well.
Types of Instagram Ads you can create
- Photo Ads: These are regular ads that may come in your feed as you scroll.
- Video Ads: Video ads are just like photo ads, except they are in a video format.
- Carousel Ads: There are multiple photos or videos in a carousel ad and viewers can swipe through them.
- Stories Ads: When you move from one story to another on Instagram, you might come across advertisements which can be both video or photo lasting for up to 15 seconds.
- Collection Ads: Collection Ads, as the name suggests, allow users to browse and purchase products. They can include both photos and videos.
- Ads in Explore: By getting featured in the Explore section, you have a chance to reach out to people who do not follow you too.
Tips for Creating Ads on Instagram
- Your ads must be great on visual treat and aesthetics. It is an easy way to grab the attention of your audience.
- Choose bright and sharp images that are eye-catching.
- Keep it short and sweet. Long posts have a lesser chance of catching the attention of the audience.
- Include emojis and hashtags in your captions.
- Use easy language without any heavy words.
- Create your own hashtags to get the audience engaged.
How much will Instagram Ads cost you?
The cost of Instagram Ads varies depending on factors like target audience, the format of your ad, and timing. According to AdEspresso, the average cost of ad placement on Instagram is $1.20.
Advertising on Instagram using Facebook Ads Manager
As Instagram is owned by Facebook, the Ads Manager for both websites is integrated. Once you connect the two accounts, you can go to Ads Manager to create a campaign. For this you will need to:
- Choose an objective: What is it that you wish to achieve with this ad, Is it more traffic? Sales? Followers? Or something else?
- Identify your audience: Are you reaching out to a specific demographic based on age? nationality? gender?
- Select your ad placement: It can be automatic or manual wherein you can choose if you want your ad to appear on the feed, explore, or stories.
- Payment and schedule: Here you would need to determine how much you wish to spend on the advertisements and when you want these payments to go on.
You can finish up by choosing which format you wish to create your ad in. It has to be one of the types of Instagram Ads laid out above like a single video ad, a carousel, or a collection.
Instagram Ads are a boon for small businesses today. With a good section of the society being active on social media, it provides you with an opportunity to create and sell easily. A study by Merkle has pointed out that around 1/3rd of spending on Instagram Ads is on stories. So, when are you taking your business on Instagram?
Looking to start a freelance career as a social media manager in Dubai, UAE? Freedom2Work is your one-stop-shop for all things freelancing. Get in touch with us to apply for a freelance license and a residence visa.
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. How can I promote my Instagram for free?
Here is how you can promote your Instagram Ads
- Publish content that is useful to your audience
- Stick to high-quality images
- Pick the right time to post
- Always use hashtags
- Engage the audience with questions
2. How long should my Instagram ad be?
- Your Instagram video should not be more than 1 minute and the story ad can be around 15 seconds long.
3. What is the best way to use Instagram Ads?
Here are some tips to make the best of your Instagram Ads
- Give priority to your best content
- Create targeted ads
- Do not let your ads look like ads
- Tell a story
- Include a call-to-action button
4. Are Facebook and Instagram Ads the same?
- Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, they use the same advertising manager. This integration allows for the seamless creation of ads across both platforms.
5. Are Instagram Ads worth it?
- The user base of Instagram has been on a steady rise for many years now. Therefore, advertising your business on Instagram ensures a high reach and outweighs the cost and efforts by a long shot.