Video content ideas for businesses
One of the most sought-after ideas to increase landing on your web page is video content. The power of visuals and entertainment that video content possesses is unmatchable. Video content can increase your conversion rate by a whopping 80%.
Why do conversion rates matter and how can video content help?
Conversion is crucial for growing your online business. Traffic on a website is not lucrative unless this traffic converts to paying customers. With almost all businesses shifting online in the aftermath of the pandemic, entrepreneurs are seeking easy and affordable ways to optimize their web pages for higher conversion rates.
Video traffic occupied more than 80% of internet traffic in 2021. Approximately 80% of consumers have also said that a business’ video content has pushed them in the direction of becoming a paying customer.
But, are you worried that you don’t have the right budget needed to create video content? Then we are here to give you some easy tips that will help you create low-cost video content that will shoot up your conversion rates in no time.
Creating low-cost video content: Essential tips
Video creation tools
- Let us debunk the first myth around making video content: You need a special skillset to create captivating videos. Ummm, no! What you need are the right video-making tools.
- Internet today provides---in surplus---software and tools that can help you create videos with the utmost ease. There are many tools for you to try such as Animoto, Biteable, Kizoa, and Powtoon, among others.
Use attractive thumbnails
- Thumbnails are small but really effective to capture your target audience. Thumbnails are what stand between the viewer and the Play button.
- For making a great thumbnail, it is recommended to use both pictures and text. A happy picture can be more encouraging and must be used with the right color combination. Similarly, your text should be of the right size and font. You can use tools like Canva, Snappa, or Adobe Spark for creating thumbnails that are eye-catching.
Keep your videos short and engaging
- The human attention span is extremely short. In fact, studies have shown that humans have a shorter attention span than that of a goldfish, which have an attention span of 9 seconds.
- Shorter videos will ensure that your viewers pay attention from the start to the end. Moreover, short video content can be made at a low cost with less time and resources. Video content requires quality for conversion and not length.
Use sound effects
- Along with the visuals, video content with sound effects has the benefit of keeping the consumer engaged and eventually converts leads to paying clients. Catchy music and jingles help build up brand image.
- But is producing expensive? The answer to this is no. The internet has some incredible audio resources where you can find free jingles such as DJ Drops and Podcast Intros. You can check out Audio Library, SoundCloud, and Upbeat, and make your videos resonate with catchy sounds.
Create lead-generation videos
- You can also create videos containing a feature to collect the emails of your potential leads and open the path to audience conversion. A popular example of this is Wistia, a video-hosting platform.
Add animation to your content
- Animation carries a wow factor with it. Videos with amazing animation have the ability to be more engaging with the audience. The best and the most affordable way to go about animation is to find a professional animator. Check out freelance marketplaces like Upwork, Fiverr, Toptal, and Guru where you can get to know animators and select the right one according to your preference and budget.
- Another popular website is to check out Animaker, an online video marketing software that is especially for beginners and non-professionals to create attractive videos.
The idea of making video content for increasing conversion can seem daunting and expensive. But, you do not need to worry as you can make high-quality video content at a very low or no cost and video-making expertise. The key to success with conversion rates is knowledge and using the available resources to their best potential.
With Freedom2Work, you can empower yourself to start your own freelance video content business. Our experts at Freedom2Work help you apply for a freelance license and even a residence visa. Get in touch with us through the following details today!
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. Do videos help conversions?
- Yes. Videos have proven to increase engagement with customers, thereby increasing conversion.
2. What type of content would make a good video?
Some options for making a video for conversion are:
- Product reviews
- Product description and How-to videos
- Customer testimonials
- Business' behind the scenes videos
3. Why are videos better than images?
- Images are static. Whereas a video has a higher capacity to stimulate the mind and is a better storytelling method.
4. How are conversion rates calculated?
- Conversion rates are the number of conversions from viewers to paid consumers divided by the number of total visits and interactions with potential consumers.
5. What is a good conversion rate?
- The most commonly-accepted conversion rate for a business to grow steadily is more than 10%.
6. What is the best length for a video for conversion?
- There is no specific length but it is recommended to have a video ranging between 2 and 3 minutes.