Increase your business' visibility
When small-time entrepreneurs decide to start up their own business, one of the biggest challenges that they face is answering the question, How to increase visibility in your business? or How do I increase my business visibility on Google?
Call it a blessing in disguise, but the apparent “new normal” in this pandemic has forced all entrepreneurs to take their stores online. However, this has also led to the inadvertent crowding of social media platforms.
In order to stand apart from your competition, you must aim to have your website appear in the top results whenever anyone searches for it online. This will help give your business the boost it desires. Here are some tips on how you can increase the visibility of your business.
Upgrade your social media account
- The best part about social media is that your page and that of all the biggest brands are just a simple tap of your finger away. The only difference lies in consumer engagement. All big businesses have a very coordinated and aesthetically pleasing social media presence.
- Firstly, you should identify the social media platforms that your consumers engage with regularly. Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can be common starting points. Secondly, prepare a strategy that should be uniquely designed for that particular platform. A strategy that may work for Instagram may not be so beneficial for Twitter. Therefore, a thorough knowledge of these handles is a must in increasing the visibility of your business. Remember, your posts should reflect some uniqueness about your brand.
Study your analytics and engagements
- Instagram comes with its own “Profile Analytics” that shows almost everything you need to know about your followers and their engagement with your business profile. There are tools to track how many people have been liking or viewing your posts and how many new profiles have visited your website, among other things.
- Keeping track of these statistics is very important to ensure that you are aware of your outreach to the community. Several paid tools are also available online to help streamline the process further.
- Pro tip: Use hashtags and engage with your audience through stories and reply to any comments that you would receive on your page to increase your visibility on search engines.
Regular updates about Covid-19 protocols
- The Covid-19 pandemic has brought about a new sense of empathy amongst the consumers especially for frontline workers, and they expect the same from businesses as well. In a study by Deloitte Digital, it was found that one out of five customers have stopped using a particular service because of their dealing with Covid-19.
- Therefore, to create and maintain a good impression, regular posts and updates about measures taken by your business to control the spread of the virus are of immense importance. You can make posts about the awareness of using a mask and maintaining social distancing to promote your brand as well as garner goodwill.
- Sharing details of how your stores are sanitized and providing transparency about the packaging of your goods is always a smart way of increasing social media engagement along with becoming a reliable shopping spot in the midst of such uncertainty. This will surely increase the visibility of your business as well.
- A happy customer is someone who believes that they are receiving premium treatment, and the simplest way of doing so is by ensuring that your team responds to all messages received at the earliest. Always make the customer feel that they are talking to a person who will understand and resolve any issues and not a robot.
- Make sure that your customer feels heard and not neglected when they talk to you about a complaint. Resolve their doubts as quickly and efficiently as possible. When promoting your products, do not go for a hard sell. Instead, ask them what they would be interested in and then talk your way through to let your product make an impression.
- Make sure your DM page works as a friendly customer care forum so that your consumers feel comfortable approaching you even in case of issues. Finally, ensure that you show appreciation for your customers and provide them with content that they would be interested in. The good word of a happy customer will take you a long way and increase your visibility further.
- While this is a comparatively newer method of advertising your business, it is clearly becoming the “new normal” as well. Gone are the days of advertising only with movie stars and football players. Instagram influencers have a massive outreach and high engagement with their followers.
- Thus, pairing up with them will give your brand the final boost in increasing visibility in one’s business in today's cut-throat competition. To find the right influencer for your business, research the persons you are going to be collaborating with.
- Ask them to try your products and develop a personal connection as well. This will make the brand promotion look more natural and would convince the influencer’s audience further. Also, ensure that you choose an influencer who has a loyal following.
- Keep in mind the target audience as well. Both of your audience should be interested in the same things to make the tie-up a success. Finally, choose an influencer who posts regularly, sits well with your brand image, and with whom your consumers can identify your product.
These tips are not the only ways on How to increase your visibility on Google; however, they can definitely be considered as a starting point. This is especially true for social media newbies who are still getting the hang of content-specific consumerism. Remember, your end goal is to make more sales so just because a strategy does not work for you, rest assured because some other path is sure to lead you to your goal. So put your tech-savvy caps on and keep hustling!
If you are looking to kickstart and scale your career as a freelancer, Freedom2Work can help provide a stepping stone to making your dreams come true. Our experts at Freedom2Work help you apply for a freelance license and even a residence visa. Get in touch with us through the following details today!
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. What are the best social media platforms to increase visibility online?
- Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Tik Tok can be considered to be some of the best social media platforms currently to increase visibility online.
2. What are some of the best data analytics tools to track traffic on your website?
- Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and Insights on Instagram are some of the best analytics tools to track social media traction as well as track traffic on your website.
3. Why is visibility important in business?
- It has been seen that visibility improves revenue in a cost-effective way. More visibility brings you more customers, and hence your business will be advertised more thereby causing it to be more prosperous.
4. What is visibility strategy?
- This is the strategy of using multiple means to reach out to one’s customers. It ensures that you get the maximum outreach possible with potential customers.
5. How can a small business get its brand visible?
- As a small business, you can utilize several online options like social media marketing, AdWords Display advertising, and SEO-driven marketing strategies to get your brand visible.