Content writing trends to watch out for
As the biggest pandemic of human history has changed the entire world in just a year, it is a good time to think about what the future holds for content writing.
Life has been a roller coaster for the entire world since the epidemic began and there have been sharp amendments in how we live, earn, produce and consume, the World Wide Web gained a new level of prominence in all our lives.
With the rise in acute reliance on the internet in our daily lives, the significance of quality content is at an all-time high. With the change in our lives, the expectation of content is also evolving.
Let me explain it in detail. Let me give you a sneak peek into the latest content writing trends of 2021 that you should be well versed with.
Keeping up with Siri and Alexa
The rise of the sale of smart speakers and 1 in every 5 adults using the hands-free features on their mobile phones have posed a novel challenge to the content creators. The challenge is of aligning the content with voice search which tends to differ from what one may type.
As the reliance on technology keeps rising, the drift to hands-free search can be expected to keep up. The key to cracking this trend is to understand the possible verbal words & questions that the audience can use and writing the content with the right keywords.
The return of on-air
Not a very long time ago, going on air on television and radio used to be a thing. 2020 has renewed the concept of live once again. A trend to keep up within 2021 is going live on social media and organizing webinars.
This can be challenging for content writers because of the need for such a live stream to not sound scripted. You should also watch out for any unexpected turn that the live streaming may take. It is a one of its kind interactive content whose success outweighs any risks involved.
Branching out to ensure engagement with the new audience
As 2021 is expected to bring in more users to the audience, there is an immediate need to break from mundane trends of content writing and diversify so that new users can be attracted to your web pages.
Moreover, branching out also helps in keeping the existing audience interested. You can try experimenting with different types of content like images, videos, or presenting the text differently.
Embracing Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence had made its way into every industry, including content creation. With the top search engine using AI to optimize search results to improve user experience, 2021 is definitely the best time to rethink your SEO writing techniques so that your content trends on search results and social media.
Social media is more important than ever
The future of content writing is keeping up with the trends on social media. This is because the bottom line of creating any content is for it to reach as many people as possible and the easiest way to do this is to carefully maximize the use of social media to spread the word.
The key to using different social media channels is to remember that different social media have different kinds of audiences looking for varying content. So you want to adjust your content with the expectation of different social media users.
Keeping up with the trends
What can be more important of a trend than keeping up with the trends? For generating more traffic on your web pages, it is important for your content to be up to date at all times. The common ‘trending’ feature which is now available on almost all search engines and social media is a great opportunity to gather an audience.
Here are some evergreen tips for any kind of content that you may be creating:
- Interact with your audience: The ‘you’s and ‘I’s are the strongest part of any content you may be creating.
- Be as inclusive as possible: Remember that your audience can come from any social, economic, or ethnic background.
- Understand the priorities of your audience, even the most basic ones.
- A little empathy and emotion go a long way in leaving a lasting experience with your audience.
- The need for concise and to-the-point content can never be emphasized enough. Extensive content can lead to loss of interest, especially with Gen Z and millennial generations who form the largest section of internet users.
- Originality is the key to garner more audience. Question is different about your content than every other XYZ website?
At the center of any content creator’s target is the audience. The ultimate goal ok keeping up with the content writing trends in 2021 is to build something that engages the audience.
Frequently asked questions
1. What are trending topics for content writing?
Here are some topics that are trending in 2021
- Tips and tricks
- Easy hacks
- DIY solutions
- Decor and craft
- Busting myths
2. How to make your content more effective?
Here is how you can make your content writing more effective in 2021:
- Write a catchy headline
- Do deep research on your topic
- Keep your content precise and to the point
- Re-read and re-edit to ensure no errors and mistakes
- Write in the first person to give it a more personal touch
3. What is SEO and how it works?
- SEO means search engine optimization which is a process of making your website more visible in search results and get more traffic. The most common way to optimize content is by adding relevant keywords that improve the ranking of your website on search results.
4. How can I learn content writing for free?
Here are some online courses on content writing that you can try:
- Become a Better Blogger taught by Andrea Goulet on Skillshare
- Content Writing Certification Course on Hubspot
- SEO Training Course by Udemy
- Good with Words: Writing and Editing by Coursera
- Creative Writing Course by edX
5. What do you need to become a content writer in 2021?
Here are some essential skills that may be an advantage to become a content writer
- Strong research skills
- Understanding of SEO
- Editing skills
- Understanding social media
- Understanding the expectations of the audience