The E-commerce boom has taken the entire world by storm. Especially in 2020, with the world coming to a standstill and a large populace having very few mediums or outlets to channelize their exasperation, E-commerce has been widely used as a tool to bring back normalcy in their lives.
There has been a monumental effect of the pandemic on E-commerce as people are staying in and scrolling down their screens to make purchases.
Online shopping had gained momentum regardless, earlier this decade and the outbreak of COVID-19 has come off as a tipping point for the same. Many e-commerce platforms have spurred and the existing ones have flourished owing to the increasing reliance on the internet as a medium to conduct safe transactions.
So, if you were wondering if you should jump on the bandwagon, now is the right time to start your own shop!
Here are a few ways that can help you leverage this opportunity:
Coming up with a product or service or a group of them and creating a paradigm to market and sell the same is the first step to building your E-commerce business.
You might want to choose a product that is not only in demand but which also resonates with you and which can be managed by you. It is important for you to believe in your product or service and if possible, to determine your niche and be proficient in that to increase brand loyalty in the future.
“You know you’ve made it when your brand name becomes a verb.” A brand name should be meticulously chosen to be unique yet simplistic, one which can be well remembered.
The name becomes the identity of your brand; therefore, brainstorming and coming up with a name that is striking, mature, and that which does not come close to an existing competitor in the market should be chosen keeping in mind the laws of the respective regions.
Given the highly competitive market that surrounds the E-commerce scenario, you need to make your product stand out even if there is very little product differentiation. This can be done through exploiting the marketing opportunities which are available in abundance on social media, especially during this E-commerce book.
Be it creating your own page and consistently uploading relevant content so as to keep the viewers engaged or collaborating with influencers who are the new celebrities of the netizens, you should ensure to make optimum use of a social media platform.
Moreover, you can provide lucrative offers to first-time customers by the use of special discounts and come up with coupons every now and then. People have the entire market at the tip of their finger; therefore, to ensure that they don’t scroll past your product amid the boom of e-commerce, you’ll have to make efforts to catch their attention, and promotions are a great tool for the same.
Center your business around your customers and strive to cater to their needs. As far as possible, your products should be provided with ample and realistic photographs/videos/textual descriptions of the same in order to enable your customers to make an informed decision.
Be transparent with the commodity you’re dealing with and present a true picture while keeping the customer in the loop at every stage of the process.
Make your website or application as uncomplicated and convenient as you can. The viewers should find it easy to navigate through the website and, if possible, make a provision for instant help via an AI chatbot or immediate query redressal through phone or email.
During the E-commerce boom, it is essential to go the extra mile in order to make your mark.
While you have made efforts to bring traffic to your website, whether through search engine optimization or marketing and promotion, one more step is to be taken to maintain the traffic by keeping them engaged with your portal.
You may also establish continuous contact with them by customizing a mailing list, having a good customer care service, and being more approachable overall to leverage the E-commerce boom.
The advancement of technology, as well as the fear of the pandemic, has made E-commerce venture into the roads of even untouched and remote regions. People prefer to get products delivered at their doorstep as it comes down to be more time- and cost-efficient.
If you are looking to kickstart your career as a freelancer, Freedom2Work can help provide a stepping stone to making your dreams come true. Our experts at Freedom2Work help you apply for a freelance license and even a residence visa. Get in touch with us through the following details today!
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. How do I start an E-commerce store?
- In order to get started with establishing your e-commerce store, you’ll first have to chalk out a clear business model. This includes the niche you select, your brand name, arranging for logistics, and complying with the legal formalities.
2. Is E-commerce profitable?
- E-commerce if planned, researched, and executed well, can prove to be very profitable indeed. The correct marketing strategies and promotional efforts can help take the e-commerce venture to new heights.
3. How do I build an E-commerce store?
- A lot goes behind building an e-commerce store. From making an efficient SEO strategy, buying an appropriate domain name, selecting a relevant hosting platform, and launching the website with the relevant content.
4. Is it hard to build an E-commerce website?
- Creating an E-commerce website can be a little difficult and even time-consuming.
5. How do you build a successful E-commerce store?
- Creating an E-commerce website is not only about publishing the things for sale but also about presenting the content and marketing the products and services. Therefore, holistic efforts have to be made to build a successful E-commerce store.