Supplementing your side hustle
The small business side hustle has been gaining immense popularity in recent times. Not many find themselves in the position to say I love my job!. Be it the temptation of a fat paycheck, qualification restrictions, or simply a matter of convenience, many of us choose to work in a sphere that does not exactly feel fulfilling.
However, in this digitalized world, it is convenient to become engaged in a side hustle and do something you truly appreciate while supplementing your current salary.
Here are a few pursuits you can jump on while continuing with your 9 to 5:
Channelize your creativity
- If you like creating designs or artwork, you can upload those on platforms like RedBubble and TeePublic, where you would be able to rake in a few bucks. Whether it is related to fandom, a movement, or merely an abstract, it can find its way to a person who would be willing to make a purchase. In this way, you can add a passive income stream without any significant investment by simply starting an online side hustle.
- It’s true that we can learn something from everybody in our lives. And what’s better is the fact that we can teach something as well while getting compensated for that. If you are an engineer working with a company, an independent lawyer, a professional martial artist, a drummer in a band, or admittedly practicing any profession or occupation, you can impart the specialized knowledge you have to a future professional by creating an online tutoring side hustle business.
- Many websites provide a medium to enroll yourself as a tutor and take online classes while charging a reasonable fee. This will not only enable a student to learn from a first-hand practitioner but also will help you in honing and possibly expanding your knowledge and experience while making good money on the side.
- Almost every website and application harbors advertisements from various vendors. You may be scrolling through an article about tourism in Europe and the next thing you might find yourself doing is adding a trolley bag to your cart on Amazon.
- These pop-ups and advertisements published on relevant blogs or articles are a great tool for both the seller and the marketer. The marketer’s job here is to simply publish these ads in order to direct the traffic to purchase or view a particular product or service.
- There is no convincing or pitching needed in this method. And the best part is that payment is made not only if a viewer purchases something but it is also based on the number of clicks and views. Hence, in this way, you can make money easily through this digital marketing side hustle idea!
Blogging and influencing
- Not many of us had heard of or used the term influencer till a few years ago and now this word has become quite pervasive. The popularity of influencers is owed to the ever-rising use of social media.
- Starting a blog or vlog and being consistent with the quality and quantity of uploads can make your work become recognized among the netizens and can get you collaborations with brands and offer other great opportunities too. This is one great way of starting an online business and making money.
- Whether it is photography, content writing, or graphic designing, you can find your niche and monetize your creative side. Freelancing gives you an ample amount of flexibility and liberty to work on your own terms.
- Your day job can be well-balanced with this pursuit which can prove to be quite profitable. You can choose your clients, determine your fees, and set the premises for your service offerings as per your convenience.
- The internet provides a myriad of opportunities and networking to get this side hustle started. You can build your brand and be your own boss.
Building a passive income stream cannot be done overnight. Be consistent and think long-term. A side hustle might not bring a dependable and steady source of income but it can be a cherry on the icing. If you are mentally and materially prepped up, you can start right away!
Frequently asked questions
1. Can you do digital marketing as a side-hustle?
- The internet provides various opportunities to create a digital marketing side hustle online. From big businesses requiring digital marketing expertise to small businesses employing professionals for the same, it indeed is an in-demand skill.
2. What are some of the popular online side-hustles?
- Some prominent examples of common digital side-hustles are blogging, vlogging, creating content, digital marketing, graphic designing, managing social media, selling various things online including arts, crafts, and apparel online.
3. How do I start an online business from home?
- Starting an online business requires certain decision-making, prior market research, setting up the finances, networking and finding clients and vendors, and creating a social media presence, among other things.
4. What is the best online business for beginners?
- Some of the profitable and popular online businesses for beginners include being an SEO consultant, an affiliate marketer, being a social media consultant, a blogger or a virtual assistant, etc.
5. What are the benefits of having a side hustle?
- Starting a side hustle not only makes you more sound financially and secures your income but also hones your skills and increases your expertise while expanding your network simultaneously.