UAE: Legal side hustle ideas
The UAE has been providing ample opportunities for people looking to venture into the gig economy. With Expo 2020 just days away, the UAE has been highlighted for its innovative and dynamic business hub.
If you are looking to earn a side hustle, there are many legal avenues that could help you work part-time along with working a full-time job or even studying. In the following, we have listed 7 legal side hustle ideas in the UAE (in 2021):
Language teacher or translator
- The UAE is a diverse country with the majority of the population comprising a majority of expatriates from around the world. If you are looking for legal side hustles in the UAE, and are multilingual, then teaching a language or engaging in translation services could be ideal for you.
- Like with all major freelance activities allowed in the country, you would have to acquire a freelance permit or license to do so. So, start now and put your language skills to use.
You can Also Read More:-
- Real Estate As A Side Hustle: A Brief Guide
- Things To Consider Before Becoming A Freelance Online Tutor
- 10 Side Hustle Ideas That Require Less Than $500 To Begin
- Popular Freelance Jobs You Can Work From Home
Lease a property
- The UAE is an attractive place for tourists. If you have a spare place, you could lease it periodically for a fixed charge and earn a side income.
- Airbnb is one such website that allows you to list a property for rent; moreover, you can also contact a broker for the same. You would have to ensure to have a commercial stay license and you can contact your local governmental authorities or even ask your broker.
- We have seen the rise of digital marketing in today’s world. Especially during the pandemic, digital marketing has helped businesses survive turbulent times.
- It can be a great option to work as a side hustle in the UAE. You would require prior knowledge and you could acquire certifications through online MOOCs. It is a competitive job industry and having prior knowledge could give a headstart.
Organize corporate events
- Many corporate events are held in the UAE on a daily basis. You can research and join event management or creative teams and work towards earning a side income in the process.
- You would have to ensure to have a freelance license or permit before you venture into the gig economy. Moreover, if you are working full time, you would require to get a NOC letter from your employer.
- After you have the relevant documents to start a career as a freelance event organizer, you can contact your friends and family members and even network with individuals from various fields.
- Participating in corporate events also gives you a chance to network with people who could help know about more gig opportunities. A great advantage of organizing corporate events is that you could earn well and you would have the liberty to work only on weekends.
- The gig economy is rising exponentially, especially since the pandemic began. You can choose to freelance legally and earn a side hustle in various fields ranging from designers, animators, and fitness trainers to writers and editors.
- If you have a knack for writing, you could also consider self-publishing books online on websites like Amazon.
Sell old books, furniture, and other items
- In the UAE, websites such as Dubizzle can help you sell used or new books, furniture, electronics, among other things. This can be a great and legal side hustle idea that you can put to work from the comfort of your home.
- If you want to start selling wholesale on an e-commerce store, you would have to be registered with the local authorities (such as the Department of Economic Development). An authorized consultant could help guide you through this.
Sell home-made products online
- If you like creating artistic products or making delicious foods, you can consider selling your stuff online. You can also acquire a license to teach others creative skills online and monetize on the same.
- Social media is a great catalyst that can help you market well to your customers. Moreover, you can also create your own website and manage your orders from there. There are websites, such as Etsy, that can help you sell your creative products online.
It is important to check with your company if they would allow you to work part-time for monetary purposes. Being able to earn extra money through a legal side hustle idea can help you build financial stability.
Earning a side income is great but it is equally important to not lose the balance in your life while doing so.
Looking to start a freelance career in Dubai, UAE? Freedom2Work is your one-stop-shop for all things freelancing. Get in touch with us to apply for a freelance license and a residence visa.
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. How can I make extra money in Dubai?
- You can be a blogger, freelancer, tourist guide, or professional photographer. There are more legal side hustle ideas that can help you make extra money in Dubai.
2. How can I earn money in UAE?
- You can earn money in the UAE via providing online tuitions, blogging, photography, freelancing, and being a fitness instructor.
3. How can I make passive income in Dubai?
- You can make a passive income in Dubai by either investing in REITs, dividend stocks, or national bonds in the UAE. Moreover, you can also focus on freelancing and building a passive income stream.
4. How can I earn money online in the UAE?
- You can earn money online in the UAE through teaching or tutoring online, translating, selling, blogging, and marketing.
5. What jobs can I do from home to make money?
- You could take up jobs such as account management, administrative services, consultant, customer services, data entry, and online teacher and tutor.
CommentsYou need to Log In to post comments..