Creating an e-commerce website using WordPress
The e-commerce whirlwind has paved the way for convenience and opportunities for both buyers and sellers. Nowadays, one of the most essential business practices is to be tech-savvy in order to exploit the wide-ranging opportunities available.
More so, with the outbreak of the pandemic, many traditional businesses have moved online . This paradigm shift is being owed to the utility that e-commerce presents, and there is no better time than now to jump on the bandwagon.
Cyberspace, as one large platform, houses several facilities which can provide a boost to online businesses. If you are looking forward to making your mark here, then you might as well exercise your prerogative and look for a suitable find for your business.
One of the most resourceful mediums to get you started and assist you along your e-commerce journey is WordPress . It is essentially a software with a user-friendly interface that helps you create and publish websites or blogs seamlessly. And what’s more? You don’t have to be tech-savvy to be able to use it.
You can also read:
How To Use Notification Plugins To Aid User Retention
To help you create your own e-commerce website using WordPress, we have listed some efficient ways:
- After the installation and creation of a profile on the WordPress platform, you would have to choose a domain name . This domain name should ideally correlate with the business/brand name as that would help the viewers and potential customers to identify with it. At the same time, it shouldn’t be violative of the intellectual property rights of any other existing domain names or opposed to the public interest.
- You can then decide to avail of the web hosting services from WordPress to create your own e-commerce website.
Set-up and customize:
- A website is like a storefront for your business. It helps create a first impression for your customers when they visit your website to avail your services or products.
- Apart from being easy to navigate , having widgets that enhance user experience and facilitate convenience can go a long way in fetching good results.
- WordPress harbors various tools to customize your homepage and other website essentials like payment gateway, contact section, and FAQs.
Install necessary plugins:
- In order to make the website more purposeful and functional, plugins are required to be added. There are several WordPress plugins available that can serve your purpose.
- For instance, you can go for WooCommerce to further your e-commerce website on WordPress. Moreover, you can also install additional plugins to enhance the security of your website and even for search engine optimization (SEO).
Publish the products and/or services:
- Coming to one of the most essential elements, that is, publication. The content of your website should convey the characteristics of the products, their price, the terms (whether prices are negotiable), and disclose any other relevant information.
- It is recommended to post multi-media content , i.e., images and videos along with textual descriptions in order to engage the viewers more efficiently and grow your e-commerce website on WordPress.
Launch your website:
- After the necessary customizations and procedures, when you think your website is ready to see the light of the day and start operating, you can publish it.
- Run through your website to ensure that you have added appreciable titles, engaging content, useful information and have taken care of the customer experience as well.
WordPress also allows additional access through a premium membership which is available with more features. If your resources allow the same and you do require it, then it can prove to be even more useful.
However, if you are new to this, you might first want to try your hands with the existing tools and see if it works out for you. You can then choose to expand the services and make any further additions or amendments required after creating your e-commerce site on WordPress.
All things considered, given the popularity and prevalence of e-commerce and the myriad opportunities it brings forth, utilizing the facilities and assistance provided by WordPress , can be quite fruitful.
Looking to start a freelance e-commerce career in Dubai, UAE? Freedom2Work is your one-stop-shop for all things freelancing. Get in touch with us to apply for a freelance license and a residence visa.
Address: 213, Vakson Commercial Building, Umm Al Sheif, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Phone number: 800-FREEDOM (373 3366)
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I make an e-commerce site with WordPress?
- Yes, WordPress can be extremely useful while creating an e-commerce website. It provides various features which can help build and enhance your website. You can also choose a suitable theme and add relevant plugins.
2. How much does it cost to create an e-commerce website on WordPress?
- Creating an e-commerce website on WordPress can charge you anywhere between $500-$5000, depending on the additional features and customizations you require for your website.
3. Does WordPress have a free e-commerce feature?
- Yes, WordPress offers a free e-commerce feature as well. However, it’s free if you choose a free theme and template and do not use any additional plugins which are paid.
4. How do I create an e-commerce site with WordPress?
- To get started, choose a suitable and available domain name and find a hosting provider. Then, you can install and set up WordPress and WooCommerce and get started.
5. Is WordPress good for e-commerce sites?
- WordPress can make your website suitable to conduct e-commerce as it provides various themes and several plugins that can make your website e-commerce friendly.
CommentsYou need to Log In to post comments..